Thursday, November 7, 2013

Shark in the Ocean & Bats in the Sky (1st installment)

Shark in the Ocean & Bats in the Sky (1st installment)
August 2013; Vegan Negative Level 1 (Less Lame!)


Coffee Date #1:

Shark sends me two e-mails from one of the dating sites that I’m on. Honestly, I didn't receive one of them, since you can't check your e-mails until you pay the fees. In our e-mails back and forth to each other, we flirt and have great chemistry. In one of the first ones, he mentions that he has come to love vegetarian food and that he respects my lifestyle. (Sounds promising, right? I thought so, too.)

Shark is the first person that I went on a date after my breakup with Bruce. On our first coffee date (at Starbucks), he was late. He did let me know that he had forgotten something at home and that he was going to be late. I let him know that I would have my nose in a book. (You see a girl always has to be prepared to entertain herself.) Shark asked “Nose in a book?”… “Why? Yes, I like to read. I'll see you when you get here” is my response.

Shark buys a coffee black and adds some cream; I get a soy vanilla latte. He starts to poke fun at how complicated my drink is. I let him in on a secret…. Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks. (I LOVE coffee, in fact I feel like it’s nectar of the gods that one gets to drink in the morning. I like it black with a little bit of sugar. However, Starbucks burns their beans and makes the coffee bitter. So, that’s when a girl has to get her girly coffee.) He continues to poke fun, which makes me think that he is the little boy on the playground pulling girls’ hair because he likes her. I'll play along.

Shark and I continue to chat, flirting and getting to know each other. The sun begins to set, and two colonies of bats begin to emerge into the darkening sky. A magical moment and we end the first date full of potential. (According to Bat for Lashes: “Never fall in love with potential”.)

No comments:

Post a Comment